Postal Applications are no longer accepted. Please ensure you submit your application using the online form. Correspondence (enquires or questions) can be directed by email to email@example.com
Why register with the SNIJIB?
The SNIJIB is the only provider in Scotland and Northern Ireland of Plumber CSCS cards. Being registered and graded with the SNIJIB:
- Is proof that you are an industry recognised tradesman. A valid SNIJIB/CSCS card is proof of your skills, qualification and of passing an industry recognised health and safety test.
- Enables you to apply for health and safety tests, health and safety study manuals, CSCS grade cards, upgrades, and other services from the SNIJIB.
- Means you will be reminded when your card is due to expire provided we have a current email address.
Changes to the SNIJIB Grading Card Scheme – Grandfather gradings
The Construction Leadership Council announced important stipulations which will affect the SNIJIB Grading Card Scheme. Operatives must have a qualification in Domestic Plumbing SVQ/NVQ level 3 in order to be eligible for a Plumber (and Advanced Plumber, Technician Plumber) SNIJIB CSCS Grading card.
Taking account of this stipulation, since 2021 the SNIJIB has requested evidence of your qualification and service in the industry. Please note with effect from January 2025, operatives wishing to receive a Plumber (and Advanced Plumber, Technician Plumber) must have evidence of both their service and qualifications.
These rules apply to existing cardholders.
- Site Visitor
- General Operative
- Advanced Plumber
- Technician Plumber
- Gas Service Fitter
- Mechanical Pipe Fitter
- Plumbing Related Occupation (see list in link below)
The apprentice registration fee will cover the SNIJIB apprentice registration and card, Certificate of Completion of Apprenticeship and issue of an individual’s first SNIJIB/CSCS Plumbers Grading Card.
Scotland Specific: Where the apprentice is funded through SNIPEF Training Services Ltd in Scotland, the charge of Apprentice Registration will be paid by SNIPEF Training Services Ltd. If the same apprentice needs to be re-registered then the charge of Apprentice Re-registration will be paid by SNIPEF Training Services Ltd, if they are still to achieve their Modern Apprenticeship.
We can only accept foreign qualifications that have been translated by NARIC to the Scottish/ UK equivalent.
You can have qualifications translated by contacting NARIC on 0871 3307033 (NARIC charge you for this service).
The SNIJIB will review your request for grading when in receipt of:
- Application Form
- Proof of 4 years employment as an apprentice
- Copies of the equivalent qualification the Modern apprenticeship in Domestic Plumbing SVQ/NVQ level 3
Office Hours – 8am-4pm (3:30pm Friday)
Please provide your national insurance number or SNIJIB card number when contacting the SNIJIB.